The goal of the discussion forums is to give the education community a platform for asyncronous conversations in a format that is fun to use while also being efficient.
Please take a moment to register an account. With a registered account Discourse will keep track of read and unread topics, along with giving you the aiblity to receive notifications.
There are currently six categories for posts:
- Curriculum: Discuss what’s going on in your classroom.
- EdOp: Current events and news articles about education.
- Administration: School administration and beaucracy.
- EdTech: Educational Technology.
- Teacher’s Lounge: Anything not related to the above.
- Meta: Discussions about the forum site.
Ways Discourse is different from other web based forums:
- To quote text in a reply, simply highlight the text you would like to quote and a reply menu will appear.
- You can reply at any time while reading a thread, it will not lose your place.
- Content will automatically update as others reply
- Unread status is kept for each and every thread